Facebook Change name of page
Can you change your Facebook page name?!
Short answer, YES!
Years ago, it was difficult to have a Facebook Change Name Of Page once you created it. Now it is quite easy to change the name of your page whether using the mobile or on desktop.
However, keep in mind that when you manage to make Facebook change name of page, you will not change your Facebook page URL which is the web address. You will just change the title of the page which is shown beside your profile photo
How to Make Facebook Change name of page?
Change Facebook page name 2022 is not difficult, just follow the steps for each of the 2 methods provided and you will do it easily.
- From your PC or MAC using Facebook website .
- From Facebook Android or IOS Mobile App.
How to change Facebook page name from pc ?
Now, it is time to learn how to make Facebook Change name of page for Pc or Mac. Mobile is the next section down.
- Go to the Facebook Website and log in to your account.
- From the Facebook website, click Pages from sidebar menu.
- Select the Required Page from Pages You Manage on the right side.
- From the menu, go to click Edit Page Info.
- Under General Section at the top of the page, click inside the name text box and enter your new page name.
- Once you click out of the name text box, a confirm name change request pop-up will appear. Just click Request Change.
A notification of the status of your name change request will be shown just to inform you that your request may take up to three days to process and may require additional information.
How to Facebook Change Name Of Page on the Facebook mobile app ?
Changing your Facebook page name using your Android or IOS mobile app is not a complicated task, you just need to follow these simple steps
- Open your Facebook App on your Device.
- Tap the “Hamburger Button” which is the icon of three horizontal lines in the top-right corner on Android beside the notification icon, or in the bottom-right corner on iPhone.
- Select Pages which is in the right side.
- Choose the page you want to change the name of.
- Tap the Setting Gear Icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose Page Info from the Settings page.
- Type in your new page name in the About Section at the top, and hit Continue.
- Then tap Request Change.
I can’t change my Facebook page name !!Facebook Change Name Of Page — FAILS !!
Actually, you may not able to make Facebook Change name of page for a few reasons, which are:
- You didn’t wait long enough
It usually takes approximately three business days for Facebook to review and apply page naming changes.
- Your page has been flagged for not following Facebook page policies.
If you are not following Facebook page name rules or using spammy tactics to get more likes and followers, If Facebook is suspicious, it may suspend your page, so you wouldn’t be able to change your page name.
- Your page has too many likes.
If your page has more than 200 likes, you have to be an admin to change your Facebook page name. You can change your Facebook page name without admin privileges if your have fewer than 200 likes.
- There are some limits on your Facebook page.
If you or another admin tried to change your page fewer than seven days, Facebook my suspend your page for suspicious activity.
How to Fix If You Can’t Make Facebook Change Name Of Page?
If you couldn’t make Facebook change name of page, then try to follow these steps.
- Wait at Least 7 days
If You have requested a change recently, give it at least 7 days before trying again.
- Make sure that your new page name is allowed on Facebook
Just remember page names can’t include:
- Terms or phrases that are offensive to anyone’s rights.
- The word “Official” is it’s not so.
- Improper capitalization (example: tHe best CaFE).
- Symbols (example: ®) or unnecessary punctuation.
- Any variation of the word “Facebook.”
- Page names also can’t consist only of:
- Generic words (example: Pizza).
- Generic geographic locations (example: New York). But you still can create Page name for an organization that represents a geographic location. For example, “Washington – Mayor’s Office” and “Alexander of Egypt” are acceptable Page names.
- Change your Facebook Page category
If you haven’t changed your Page name before, but still don’t see the Edit option, try to change Page category to Brands & Products or Companies & Organizations, and click Save Changes. The Request Change link should magically appear!
If you like this Guide please check other Social TricksSocialMate – Facebook and Instagram Automation Platform
What Happens If Someone Searched The Old Facebook Page Name?
If you successfully make Facebook Change name of page, what is going to happen when people search for your old page name?
Once Facebook confirms that: if someone types the old page name in the search bar, the old page name will still appear.
Once he/she clicks the link to your page, they will be directed automatically to your “New” page with the updated name.
Then search algorithms will understand your updated Facebook page name and begin to show the updated name more in search results.
SocialMate is #1 Free Comment Growth Tool
Automate & Combine Facebook Messenger, Instagram Direct, Email and SMS Marketing to Grow Your Business
Please Review thesis resources
You may need to view this additional resources to have a successful Facebook Change name of page.